Every summer aren’t we all trying to figure out what to do with all the zucchini growing in our gardens?! Or maybe you have a friend or neighbor who keeps gifting the git of zucchini that just keeps on giving. Well, I thought why not make Oatmeal Zucchini Chocolate Bread and Zucchini Muffins and do a taste test to see which one my peeps prefer, the muffins were the winner. They were my favorite, but I do this all for you so I was glad they were a hit. I think this is the third batch I have made, the first batch was to test out, the second batch we took camping and this third batch is for my cute friend Ashton who just had a baby. They are perfect for any occasion and they are great to grab on the run. Maybe you could make these for whom ever keeps bringing these beauties to your door, ENJOY!
Zucchini Muffins– makes 12
3/4 c. quinoa flour
3/4 c. buckwheat flour
1/3 c. coconut flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 very ripe bananas
1 medium zucchini, shredded
1/2 c. nut milk
6 T. coconut oil
6 T. local honey or pure maple syrup
2 tsp. vanilla
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with muffin liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together.
3. In a food processor pulse together the banana’s, nut milk, coconut oil, honey or maple syrup and vanilla until mixed.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir well. Don’t over mix. Next add the shredded zucchini and mix again until the zucchini is well incorporated.
5. Fill the muffin liners with the batter and bake for 20- 25 minutes until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Pingback: Monday Housewife Day Roundup « Cosmo Hippie Chef
heather nan said:
I had one you gave me and then I ate the rest of Liv’s. Delicious!
Glad you liked them, this week I made blueberry granola crunch!