Almond Butter- DIY
1 c. raw almonds
1 c. raw walnuts
(I decided to do a combo butta’, but you can just use almonds, or just walnuts or any combination you like.)
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the almonds/walnuts across the baking sheet. Place the nuts in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. (Until the center of the almond is golden)
2. Take the nuts out of the oven and cool completely. When the nuts are cool transfer them to the food processor. Turn it on, let it grind the nuts for about 2 minutes. Scrape down the side and process again until the nuts turn to butta’. (Be patient this takes a minute, you may need to scrape down the sides a few times.) Transfer to a clean jar with a lid and store in the pantry or the refrigerator.
DIY- DO IT YOURSELF- what a concept! I love when I can take something that usually goes on my shopping list, off. I know exactly what is going in to a recipe and I know exactly how it was prepared. Nut butters are expensive and some of them have sugar, salt or added oils, all of which we can all do without. Homemade almond/walnut butter is a new staple in my house!
This recipe is dedicated to my TBC (Tall Bitches Club) girl Kimmy. My girl Kim, her husband Don and their baby daughter (not really a baby anymore) Martine are fulfilling their dream of living in France, and even though I miss her (them) like crazy I love and support their journey. Here are a few reason I am dedicating this post to Kim…
1. She is a great friend, she showed me what it means to be a friend. She let me join the TBC and introduced to me our other lovely TBC’S Alisa and Sadie.
2. She would always pick me up a jar of Almond Butter @Costco- no more of that!
3. She is one of Cosmo Hippie Chef’s biggest fans. When I started this blog I wanted to inspire those around me to get in the kitchen and cook, well that is exactly what my girl Kimmy did. I am so proud of her. (I can’t wait to see her in a few months and give her some new recipes to take back to France to share with her new friends, see that’s the thing about Kim- she makes friends where ever she goes.)