Peas, kale, mint, chives, scallops and dry Nu Nooz Pasta
Pureed steamed peas, kale, mint, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper
Sauteing the scallops
VOILA! Finished dish- MMM
-Pea and Kale Puree w/ Nu Nooz Pasta and Scallops-
2 c. petite frozen peas (reserve 1/4 cooked peas for garnish)
1 bunch of kale (mine came from my friend Gwen Crist garden, thanks Gwen)
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 T. fresh mint chopped (reserve a little for garnish)
1 T. chives, chopped
2 c. dry Nu Nooz pasta
8 large scallops
2 T. olive oil
1 T. coconut oil
salt and pepper
1. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over med-high heat. When water comes to a boil toss in the peas and cook for 2 min. Use a slotted spoon to remove the peas from the boiling water and toss in a strainer reserving the boiling water for the kale and pasta.
2. Next toss the kale into the boiling salted water for just 2 min, use the slotted spoon to remove the kale just like the peas and place into a strainer to cool.
3. Cook the pasta in the same salted boiling water you used for the peas and kale. Cook pasta according to the directions. When the pasta is done drain the pasta and the water and set aside.
4. In a food processor place the peas, mint, garlic, kale (squeeze out any remaining water), olive oil, salt and pepper. Process until smooth. Set aside. (Check the salt and pepper to taste)
5. Heat a saute pan over medium heat, add the coconut oil and let melt. When the oil is melted add the scallops to the pan and salt and pepper them. Cook for two minutes and turn over and cook on the other side, be sure to salt and pepper that side as well- cook another 2 minutes or until done. (Be careful not to over cook)
6. Toss the pasta with some of the puree, spoon on a little and add more to coat real well. Divide into two bowls, add the scallops and garnish with the reserved peas, mint and chopped chives. ENJOY!