Billy woke up this morning and wanted something special for breakfast, he didn’t want today to feel just like any other day and since neither set of parents had invited us over for a meal today it was up to me to make is request happen. Billy grew up having crepes every weekend, his mom was nice enough to share the recipe and I’ve been making them ever since. We don’t have them alot but when we do it seems to be a very special time we share, this is one of the best recipes Billy has brought to our relationship. Thanks sweetie.
1 1/2 c. flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)
2 c. milk (I use almond milk)
3 eggs, local if you can get them
3 T. butter (I use coconut oil)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. sugar (I use sucant)
1/2 tsp. salt (I use real salt or Celtic salt)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg, fresh grated
1. Use a blender- start with the eggs, crack them into the blender and blend lightly. Next add the milk and mix again.
2. Sift together the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a bowl. Add half the mixture to the blender with the milk and eggs, mix lightly. Add the rest of flour mixture and mix all together.
3. Add the vanilla and coconut oil, mix together.
4. Let the mixture rest for up to 30 minutes.
1. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt a little coconut oil in the pan and swirl around.
2. Using a 1/3 measuring cup, ladle the crepe mixture in to the skillet and swirl around to coat the pan. Cook just until the edges start to pull away from the pan, flip for maybe 30 seconds.
3. I place the cooked crepe into a 200 degree oven on a lined parchment cookie sheet while I make the rest.
*Nutella, Almond Butter
*Chopped Fruit- Strawberries, Mango, Raspberries
*Banana’s India House- 1 c. organic sour cream, 1/4 c. sucant (sugar, agave) stir to combine, when the sugar dissolves add 1-2 chopped bananas. Fold mixture gently together.
I love crepes! So I have been in a food rut lately and so my goal this week is to make three of your recipes 🙂 Ill let you know how I do! I mean, I'm no Brooke, but Ill give it my best!! Oh and I know it says Fumi made this comment but it's me, Ashton 🙂
Yeah Ashton! Thanks so much for leaving me a commment and let me know if you need some ideas on what to make. I'll look forward to hearing how it goes.Much love, B