Billy loves my fish tacos and probably request them every other week for dinner, so I thought tonight would be a great night to treat him since he’s been working in the yard all day! The fish is great grilled on the BBQ or you can bake it in the oven @ 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Which ever way is easiest at the time, both ways produce amazing flavor. Enjoy!
-Fish Tacos- Serves 4
1 lb. Wild Cod (you can use whatever fish you like or use shrimp)
1/2 onion, sliced in half moons
1/4 c. cilantro leaves, pulled from the stem
All in a bowl:
1 lemon, juiced and zest
1 orange, zest, peeled and segmented
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. chili powder
Salt and pepper
1. Place the fish in a baking dish.
2. Sprinkle the sliced onion and cilantro over the fish.
3. Mix all the other ingredients in a bowl, mix well and pour over fish.
4. Marinate the fish in the fridge, covered. No longer than 8 hours, toss around the fish 1 or 2 times during the time it’s marinating.
5. To cook, either on the barbecue or in the oven @ 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Other essentials for the complete Fish Tacos:
Tortillas, (I like sprouted grain tortillas)
fresh chopped onion
fresh cilantro leaves
fish sauce (recipe to follow)
sauteed veggies (I do this when I trying to sneak more vegetables into Billy, mushrooms, bell peppers, carrots, onion, zucchini)