We try and get together with our friends as often as we can, due to the fact that all our friends have kids this can sometimes be a challenge. But lucky for us we could all make it work this weekend. We all bring a dish and a libation of choice and the rest is history. I know these little get togethers really restore all our spirits after a long week. The dishes don’t have to be complex, so is the case in the pasta I brought. I really just made this up on the fly, I looked to see what I had on hand and all I had to buy was some whole wheat pasta. Good luck and I hope you Enjoy!
This recipe will make you look like a rock star in the kitchen. This is one of those recipe that I pull out when I want to blow someones socks off. My friend Kim laughs when I say “I swear it’s easy” when it comes to a recipe, but I SWEAR IT’S EASY!!! I wish I could give credit where credit is due but all I can tell you is our old friend Alan Daly gave me this recipe and I love it. This is a great dish to try out on your in-laws, a new love, and old love or maybe just for your friends. Enjoy!
-Pasta alla Vodka-
3 T. olive oil
4 garlic cloves, thickly sliced
1 onion, chopped (this is not in the recipe but I like it)
1/2 c. chopped bacon, go for the meaty parts (I use Clifford Farms)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 T. chopped fresh rosemary
1 1/2 T. chopped fresh sage
1/2 c. vodka
1 1/2 c. tomato sauce
1 1/2 c. veggie stock
1 lbs pasta
Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
1. Heat the oil in a large saute pan set on medium heat until sizzling, about 2 minutes.
2. Saute garlic, onion, bacon or prosciutto, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, rosemary and sage for 2-3 minutes, until the bacon is beginning to brown.
3. Turn off heat, stir in vodka, turn heat back on and scrape up any brown bits that have accumulated on the bottom of the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the tomato sauce and chicken stock, stirring well.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low and cook, uncovered for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Cook pasta according to the directions, once the pasta is finished pour the finished sauce over the pasta and cook, stirring over medium heat for 3 minutes.
7. Sprinkle cheese over the pasta and mix well.